Saturday, July 26, 2008

DOES ATTITUDE MAKE OUR LIFE?

I have nothing to do in office today or honestly speaking for last 3 days. I feel very tired and yesterday night I had neck pain and headache.

There are days in office when I am terribly busy and work almost 12 hrs ,not even taking a coffee. I don't feel so much tired on those days. Whenever I have seen people working very little in the office and relaxing most of the time I felt envy.I hope one day I will be in such position. Even in my previous company I tried to shift to Project management department to get more relaxed life. That time, being a Head of Piping engineering department seemed to taxing for me. I saw the project people go home at 5.30 PM whereas my team and I were regulars in the office till 8.30 and sometimes upto 10.30 PM. Anyway my request was not accepted by the company management . I changed job shifting to another company,overseas, where I got paid much better . I soon found that I had very little responsibility and work to do. At first it appeared that my wish had come true. But soon I started feeling bored and exhausted. Now the hectic days in my previous company looked better to me. Not satisfied I changed job after one year. Here I have sufficient work , but there are days when I have little to do. These are the days that are very diffficult for me.
Now I wonder how some people can lead their office lives for years without doing much? I always think that I want to be like those people . But when such times come they are hard on me. Is this my attitude which stops me from enjoying this free time? Maybe in my subconscious the thought is ingrained that I must work hard to earn. So when I get this opportunity to relax these subconscious thoughts work against me and instead make me feel more exhausted.
I had a collegue in my previous company who seemed to enjoy this relaxing time. It's not that he did not work when it was required, but he was not bothered about not having to do anthing on most of the days. When I complained he always reminded me that I was working enough for the salary I was getting and the employers were not fools to keep me without getting output. Maybe he was correct. This is not the only example. I have seen many people and earn and enjoy more. Slowly I am getting the impression that these people are more spirutally evolved. They believe in what they are doing and believe in their worth. Many of the new age thinkers teach us that God has created abundance in this universe and we just need to accept this and beleive in our worthiness to get God's blessings to lead abundant lives. I am a strong believer in God and I also accept this thinking of abundance. But I feel those ideas ingrained in me from very early times , may be from earlier births also are occupying my mind and not letting me lead a more relaxed , abundant and satisfying life.
It is for the last seven years or so that I have been believing in God so much. Hope my hidden thoughts and feelings will change slowly and one day I will be able to stop struggling and lead a more satisfying, abundant life where I will be able to spend most of my time on hings I love to do and very little on earning to live.
Navnit

No comments: